Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Infamous Food Storage Cash Register


This is the cash register at the storage center. At first glance it is very intimidating. It lists all bulk items, pouches, and can goods by name. We have to put in the number of cans (etc) and push the pink button which means "at" and then the name of the produce. Example: 4 "at" cans of potatoes flakes and then push subtotal. If they pay with cash we put in the amount of the cash and the cash drawer opens and tells me if I owe them any money. If they pay by check, I put in the amount and push the check button and then the drawer opens. And of course everyone gets a receipt. The big challenge is when wards or stakes come in and do thousands of dollars of canning and then hand me over 50 checks and cash to put in...that is when I say a little prayer.

2 comments:

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

I can always tell that takes my money at the food storage center is very nervous about something. Now I know why!

Unknown said...

I am glad t finally see the infamous register.