Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Empty Nesters Family Home Evening at my House

A GARDEN PARTY AT THE SWANER HOME

What a great and special time we all had at our opening social at my home for our group called the "Empty Nesters". Thats is "we" old folks who have no longer children at home. We meet once a month for family home evening, a short lesson, and games.
These are wonderful people from all walks of life and some are totally outragious and "very funny". I LOVE EACH AND EVERYONE ONE OF THEM.

They include our RS Pres., our Stake Patriarch, converts, retired bishop and dentist, and my beloved friend Ursula who has her health challenges and her hearing-imparied Kyle...those two I dearly love with all my heart...such "good" people.



The food was "pot luck" and it was sooooooo good. Ursula brought plum cobbler. I had never tasted that before. It was delightful.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Hi Ruth!

What a fun party! I'm so glad you posted the pictures, even though it brought tears to my eyes to see so many people that we miss so much!!

I love this time of year too. I'm excited to learn how to do some canning. Hope you're enjoying your harvest!

Unknown said...

Good for you. sounds like a fun night