Sunday, March 22, 2009

Official Missionaries

Right out of the blue and unexpected, Roger and I were called on a local mission to the Bishop's Storehouse and Home Storage facility. It is a year-long calling. Roger loves it...I'm still trying to find out why I am there. In humility, I know the Lord will let me know how and why I am serving there. And added bonus is that I am beefing up my two year supply and learning all about cooking with the items. In fact, I am already keeping a file on what I have learned from the sweet little "more seasoned" sister missionaries.

I am being trained by some sweet missionary sisters, learning how to run the cash register, and canning supplies when I am needed in the cannery room.

We have only been there two weeks. I believe we will be serving two to three days a week there.

Maybe we are both in training for when we put our papers in for a mission ourselves. Meanwhile, we will serve where the Lord wants us to serve.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! I would LOVE a picture! Yes!

Melissa said...

Ruth, how exciting! I love the cannery! Pass along the great tips you're learning--I could use them. :)

Jodi said...

Hurrah! A missionary! I am glad! And I loved looking at your cruise photos. You have a lovely family and your granddaughter may be moody but she sure is beautiful! Have a great -- albeit snowy -- day.

Alex said...

congratulations fellow missionary! I didn't know you had a blog, very very cool! I love blogging, it's a great vent! Are you still doing the writing class? I really need to come! Have a fabulous day!